1.11.08

The simple play of GOOP!

I had forgotten how utterly wonderful it was to play with Goop (cornflour,food colour and water)

Baby G came in this morning and asked me to make some with that look on her face. (The please mum I am not too big!) I have kept two bags of generic brand cornflour in the pantry for such and occasion, thinking I would make some for Baby J at some point while Big sister was at school. So well see for yourselves. I have been terribly old fashioned and stereo-typed the goop by using blue for J and Pink for G. But seriously they asked for it, I had black food colour in the pantry and I was going to use that as I discovered I was out of the standard green. So pink and blue it is/was. They have had so much fun I don't think that it really mattered. I sat them under the trampoline so they would be shaded from the midday sun, and they are still out there now an hour later.

Oh what bliss, with such simple pantry staples. No T.V., No Nintendo, No crying tears of boredom, No expense and lots of brother sister fun time. I love it!








It's easy to make. Cornflour and water just add the water slowly until you get the desired goopyness. The best goop is when you can grab it and roll it into a ball and then let it sit in the palm of your hand and it will slowly melt and goop through your fingers. As it starts to dry up just add a little more water. Easy!





I just went back out to add some more water and we now have a mixed batch of goop, looking decidedly purple.

No comments: